In 2010, I plan to read the entire bible using the M'Cheyne One-Year Reading Plan . It's my hope that by reading God's word on a daily basis, I will know God better. As time allows, I hope to journal my notes, questions and observations for anyone who cares to follow.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb 26 - The Wedding Chapter

Reflections on I Corinthians 13. We, like everyone and their dog, used it in our wedding ceremony nearly 14 years ago.

Do I know anyone that has the faith to move mountains, but does not have love for those in his life? He is nothing.

Do I know anyone that has given all his wealth away, or has given his life for a cause, but has never really been able to love others well. He has gained nothing.

Do I know anyone that isn't patient? That's not love - and that's a tough one for me. My wonderful wife is teaching me here. The Queen of Patience. Thank God.

Do I know anyone that isn't kind? That's not love.

Am I arrogant, even passively thinking myself better than others? That's not either.

Am I envious of others? Not love.

Do I insist on my own way? Not love.

Am I irritable? Not love.

Am I resentful? Not love.

Do I love temporarily? Verse 8 says love never ends.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I decided to take a day off today to tend to Luke and Brooke while Christine naps. Wow - the boy doesn't like to be let go. I believe God uses our children to grow us up in the ways of love. I'm sure of it.