In 2010, I plan to read the entire bible using the M'Cheyne One-Year Reading Plan . It's my hope that by reading God's word on a daily basis, I will know God better. As time allows, I hope to journal my notes, questions and observations for anyone who cares to follow.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jan 23 - Sovereignty


Woke up at 4:30 this morning. Couldn't go back to sleep. Tossed and turned til 5:15 - gave up and headed to the coffee maker. Hate when that happens.

Got caught up on my reading. Nothing jumped out at me worth journaling - but did leave that time reminded of God's divine direction in events, both with Paul avoiding an ambush in chapter 23 of Acts, and in God's choosing of a wife for Isaac in chapter 24 of Genesis. Incredible story from Genesis - demonstrates not only God's directing of events, but Abraham's faith that God will provide for his son.

So we're driving home from dinner last night.

Brooke(out of the blue): Dad, I know why they call them mailman. They bring us the mail. And they are a man!

Me: Yep, that's right.

Brooke (after a few seconds): But they call it Walgreens. But in the store, the walls aren't green.

Me: I know. That's not a good name, is it?

A couple mornings ago, Brookie was telling me about her friend Riley (pronouncing it Wiley).

Me: We love Wiley, don't we.

Brooke: No dad, it's Wiley. Wuh, wuh, Wiley!

Me: Oh, Wiley?

Brooke: No! Wiley!

Me: Oh!