Mark 1:35 And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.
There are more than a few mentions in the gospel accounts of Jesus rising early or staying up late in desolate places, allowing for time alone with his Father. If he, a healer and forgiver of sins, needed this time, safe to assume I do too.
Bible study notes: Four verbs (rising/departed/went/prayed) emphasize Jesus' resolve to have fellowship with his Father. Jesus prayed at a very early hour: while it was still dark.
I love that my time alone with God is also in the morning. I love how quiet it is in the house. And I love that, in the dead of winter, every morning this month there has been a bird in our backyard that starts chirping at 7AM on the nose. It has become my alarm telling me it's time to go wake the kids for school.
While the kids are eating breakfast, we talk about what I read. One day, this I hope to hear: Dad, we love God because we saw you loving him.